Easy homemade Smoked Gouda Alfredo Sauce with bacon is served over linguine or Fettuccine pasta. The creamy homemade Afredo sauce has a smokey flavor from the cheese and bacon. Serve over linguine or Fettuccine pasta for a homecooked meal. Or serve as a side dish with grilled steak or chicken.
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- 16 oz cooked linguine pasta or Fettuccine noodles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup finely shredded Smoked Gouda Cheese, plus some for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan Cheese, some for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes (optional)
- Melt the butter over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the flour, salt and ground pepper to the skillet. Use a whisk to blend the butter into the flour and seasonings until creamy and lump free. Be sure to scrape the inside edges of the pan to blend all of the flour into the butter to prevent lumps.
- Once combined slowly add about 1/2 a cup of milk to the pan and quickly whisk the milk into the flour mixture until combined. Once combined pour the remaining milk into the pan and whisk to blend together. Continue to whisk the sauce until it thickens.
- Once the alfredo sauce has thickened add the shredded Smoked Gouda cheese and shredded Parmasan cheese to the sauce pan. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk until the cheeses have melted into the sauce.
- Add the chopped bacon bits to the pan and stir until the bacon is evenly distributed through out the alfredo sauce.
- Add the cooked linguine or Fettuccine pasta to the pan and toss until the pasta is evenly coated with the gouda alfredo sauce.
- Sprinkle with more bacon bits and fresh or dried parsley to garnish.
- Serve immediatly.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Bacon: Fry the bacon until crispy and drain on paper towels before starting the rest of the recipe.
- Pasta: Cook the pasta, drain well and rinse under cold water and drain again before starting the Alfredo sauce.
- Cheese: Shred the Smoked Gouda cheese and Parmesan cheese before starting the Alfredo sauce. The shredded cheese needs to be added to the hot Alfredo sauce to melt properly.
- Calories: 546
- Sodium: 73.3mg
- Carbohydrates: 64.2g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 19.1g
Keywords: Smoked Gouda Alfredo Sauce, Homemade Alfredo Sauce with Milk, Alfredo Sauce without cream recipe, Creamy White Sauce