Melt in your mouth homemade Slow Cooker Black Beans and rice.
- 1 lb dry black beans, rinsed and soaked for about 2 hours
- 1 lb pork loin, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 Cups Water or broth
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 5 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 5 tablespoons water (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a large slow cooker (6 quart or larger I used my 6 quart manual crock pot slow cooker) except the cornstarch and 5 tbs of water and cook on high for 8 hours or low for 12+ hours.
- An hour before done or serving mix the cornstarch with 5 tbs of cool water and stir into slow cooker to thicken the beans if desired.
- Serve over white rice or along side your favorite Mexican recipes.
- Makes 8+ 1 cup servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Cuban/American