- 2– 15 oz canned Del Monte Dark Sweet Cherries in syrup
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest from one lime or lemon
- Juice from half of a lime or lemon
- Pie or Tart crust of choice
- Pour the dark cherries and their syrup into a heavy
- Add the cornstarch.
- Turn your stove on medium low.
- Gently stir to break up the lumps of cornstarch.
- Once the cornstarch lumps are dissolved turn the heat up to medium.
- Bring cherries to a gentle boil, about ten minutes.
- Stir until thickened.
- Once the filling has thickened remove the pot from the heat.
- Gently stir in the vanilla extract, lime
- Allow the cherry filling cool to room temperature before using as a pie or tart filling.
- Once the topping is room temp then you can fill your tart or pie crust.
- Bake tart or pie for 45-50 minutes until filling is bubbling and tart or pie crust is a golden brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream.or sweetened creme fraiche
- Category: Cherry Tart