Shrimp Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers
If you love stuffed jalapeno pepper poppers you are going to inhale these shrimp stuffed bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers.
This appetizer recipe will be great for the upcoming holidays or just because you love cream cheese stuffed jalapenos.
- 8 jumbo jalapeno peppers, cut in half seeds and membranes removed
- 6 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Colby Jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely minced green onion
- 16 large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 f. degrees.
- Rinse under cold water and pat dry the jalapeno peppers. Cut the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise. Scoop the seeds and membrane from each half of the jalapeno peppers. Place the prepared jalapeno peppers on a cookie sheet that has been lined with foil or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix the softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, Old Bay Seasoning, garlic powder and minced green onions till combined well.
- Fill each half of jalapeno pepper with the cream cheese mixture. (see helpful tips)
- Place one shrimp on top of the cream cheese filling in each of the jalapeno pepper halves.
- Top each shrimp with a large pinch of the remaining shredded cheese.
- Carefully pick up one jalapeno pepper half and wrap 1/2 a piece of bacon around it trapping the mound of shredded cheese on top of the shrimp. Use a toothpick to secure the bacon to the pepper. Repeat with remaining stuffed peppers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and the bacon has browned. May broil under a 450-degree broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to brown the bacon a bit more. Do not overcook trying to make the bacon crispy or the shrimp will become tough.
- Makes 16 Shrimp Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers.
- Serve the Shrimp Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers with Peach Lime Chutney or Habanero Apricot Jelly.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 380
Keywords: Stuffed Jalapeno Pepper, Jalapeno Poppers, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers, Party Food