- Place the corn husks in a bowl of hot water to make them pliable.
- In a skillet heat the Crock Pot Shredded beef, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- In a bowl beat the shortening until fluffy.
- Add the corn flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until combined well.
- Fill each corn husk with 2-3 tablespoons of tamale dough spreading it down the center and spreading to the sides.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of meat filling down the center. Roll the husk so the dough surrounds the meat completely.
- Fold the husk envelope style over the filling.
- Place each tamale on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel to keep moist.
- Fill the remaining corn husks with dough and meat filling.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a deep pot. Fill the pot with hot water just to the rack.
- Stand tamales upright in the pot on the rack.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Steam for about 30-40 minutes, replacing water as needed.
- Check that tamales are done by removing one and opening to see if dough is firm and no longer sticks to the corn husk.
- Serve with enchilada sauce and sour cream.