Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa sausage or ground breakfast sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Line one or two muffin pans with parchment baking cupcake liners.
- If using smoked kielbasa sausage cube the sausage into small pieces and brown in a skillet. If using ground breakfast sausage brown in a skillet breaking it up into little pieces. Drain the sausage well on a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a large spouted mixing bowl or a 6 to 8 cup glass measuring bowl with a spout beat the eggs and spinach together. Next add the whipping cream or milk to the bowl along with 1 cup of the shredded cheese, the salt, the ground pepper, and the garlic powder. Using a fork whip the ingredients together until well combined.
- Place about one tablespoon of the cooked sausage into the bottom of each lined cupcake well.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into each lined cupcake well only filling to 3/4th full to prevent the egg mixture from overflowing as they bake.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until the egg is set in the middle. Baking time will depend on how much you have filled each muffin cup.
- Do not over bake.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and immediately top each muffin with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the remaining shredded cheese. Allow the cheese to melt and the muffins to cool before storing.
- Makes 20 to 24 Spinach Sausage Breakfast Muffins.
- Serving Size: 1 Breakfast Muffin
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 9.2g
Keywords: Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins, Freezable Breakfast Muffins, Breakfast Muffins Recipes, Low Carb Breakfast Muffins