Simple Sauteed Summer Vegetables with olive oil is an easy summer side dish recipe to help you enjoy the delicious flavors of fresh summer vegetables.
This fresh vegetable cooking method can be used with any fresh vegetable. Fresh Zucchini and eggplant are two other vegetables that work well with this recipe.
- Rinse all the vegetables under cold water and drain well before beginning.
- Peel and cut the onion into wedges. Place into a large bowl.
- Remove the bell pepper cap, seeds and trim away the fibrous ribs from inside the red bell pepper. Cut the bell pepper into quarters then cut the quarters into strips. Place the pieces of red bell pepper into the bowl with the onion pieces.
- Trim the ends off of the yellow squash and slice into thick circles. Cut each piece of yellow squash into quarters. Place into the bowl with the other vegetables.
- Add the whole cherry tomatoes to the top of the bowl.
- Heat the olive oil on medium-high in a large skillet until very hot.
- Pour the vegetables into the skillet and add the fresh herbs. Salt and pepper to taste. Sautee the vegetables until slightly browned.
- Place a lid on the saute pan and occasionally toss the vegetables.
- Allow the summer vegetables to cook on high heat occasionally tossing until the squash is cooked through and the vegetable edges have turned a dark golden brown. This will take about 12 minutes.
- If the bottom of the pan starts to burn slightly add about a 1/4 cup of water to the pan. and recover cooking until the squash is cooked.
- Makes about 3 cups of Sauteed Summer Vegetables
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 76
- Carbohydrates: 7.8g
Keywords: Summer Vegetable recipe, vegetable side dish recipe, simple vegetable side dish recipe, low carb vegetable recipes