Sauteed Asparagus and Tomatoes is an easy spring or summer recipe taking advantage of fresh asparagus and garden grown tomatoes.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cleaned and rinsed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3-4 sliced bacon,
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Dice the bacon and fry until crisp.
- Add the shallot and tomatoes to the pan and sauté until the shallot is translucent.
- Add the olive oil, asparagus, garlic, salt and pepper to the pan and toss.
- Cover the pan and cook the asparagus until heated through but still crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Thick asparagus will need to cook a few minutes longer.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter along with all the liquid from the pan.
- Grate fresh Parmesan cheese over the top and serve immediately.
- serves 2-4