Sausage Crescent Bites Recipe
Easy Party food appetizer recipe made with Sausage Crescent Bites recipe is an easy party food you can make quickly.
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers (I used my homemade Picked Jalapeno Peppers)
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet breaking it up into small pieces. As the ground sausage cooks add the onion powder, salt, and pepper. Once all the sausage is no longer pink and is cooked through drain the cooked ground sausage well in a colander. Set aside to cool.
- While the sausage is cooling preheat the oven to 375 F. degrees and prepare the crescent roll dough.
- Prepare a large cookie sheet or two 9×13 inch baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- For each can of Crescent rolls cut two pieces of parchment paper that are about 12 by 16 inches long.
- For each can lay one piece of parchment paper down on the counter or a cutting board.
- Open the crescent roll packaging and place the starting end of the crescent roll dough two inched from one edge of the piece of parchment paper.
Carefully, without splitting the perforated edges of the crescent roll dough unroll the crescent roll onto the parchment paper.
If any of the individual crescent rolls have separated gently pull the perforated edges back together.
- Pinch the seams of the perforated edges of each crescent roll together sealing the dough together. Tap each seam with your finger to smooth out the edges.
- Place one of the other pieces of parchment paper over the top of the crescent roll dough and rub your hand over it to smooth it out.
- With a rolling pin roll the dough into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Flip the parchment covered crescent dough over without disturbing the parchment paper and gently roll the rolling pin over the dough to smooth the opposite side of the dough.
- Gently peel the top layer of parchment paper off and pinch together any seams that have not sealed together.
- Place the parchment paper back over the dough. Slide the dough onto a cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator 10 minutes. Repeat with the other roll of Crescent rolls.
- After about ten minutes remove one baking sheet of crescent dough from the refrigerator, place it on your work surface and peel the top layer of parchment paper off.
- Trim the edges with a sharp knife so that they are even.
- With a sharp knife, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares. Set aside.
Make the Sausage Crescent Bites filling
- Place the cream cheese, minced dried cranberries and roughly chopped pickled jalapeno peppers into a small mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Using a teaspoon measuring spoon scoop the filling up and place a scant teaspoon of filling in the center of each square of crescent roll dough.
- Gently pick up a square of crescent dough trying not to stretch the dough and bring two opposite corners together.
- Pinch the dough together and twist so it sticks together.
- Place the filled sausage crescent bite on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with all of the squares of crescent dough leaving about 2 inches between each appetizer on the baking sheet.
- Once the baking sheet is filled or you have made all of the appetizers bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes until golden. Repeat with the remaining tray of crescent dough to make the second tray.
- The filling will fill 48 Sausage Crescent Bites.
- If making only 24 appetizers (one can of Crescent Rolls) you may divide the filling ingredients in half.
- Category: Appetizer Recipe
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sausage Bites Appetizer, Sausage filled appetizer recipe, Party finger food recipe, crescent roll appetizer recipe