If you are looking for a roasted golden beet appetizer recipe this is it. Look no further. I promise you – you will love this Roasted Golden Beet Marinated Mozzarella Herb Crostini recipe.
- 1 lb log of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons best extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pieces sun dried tomato in olive oil, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, roughly minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium Roasted Golden Beets, cooled and sliced
- 1 loaf fresh baked banquette bread baked early in the day or a store bought baguette, sliced
- To Assemble the Roasted Golden Beet Marinated Mozzarella Herb Crostini
- Slice the bread thinly and lightly toast if desired by placing the bread slices on a cookie sheet and baking in a preheated 375 F. degree oven until lightly golden on one side. Flip the bread and toast the opposite side. Do not over toast.
- Place the toasted bread onto a serving platter.
- Drizzle a bit of the herbal olive oil from the marinated mozzarella over each slice of bread.
- Place a slice of marinated mozzarella on each piece of bread.
- Next place a slice or half a slice of roasted golden beets on top of each slice of marinated mozzarella.
- Drizzle a bit of the herbal infused olive oil over the top of each crostini and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 Slices
- Calories: 449