Roasted Broccoli Salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing is a light and refreshing salad. This Roasted Broccoli Salad is perfect by itself for a healthy lunch option. Or you can mix up a large bowl and serve it as a side salad.
Roasted Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- 1–2 cups spring salad mix or fresh baby spinach per person
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, stem trimmed
- grated carrot (optional)
- handful of raw cashews
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients
- To Make the Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a mason jar or a container with a lid. Shake vigorously for about 2 minutes. Refrigerate the dressing while you roast the broccoli.
- Rinse your salad mix and spin or pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold the broccoli florets mix the olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Add the rinsed and trimmed broccoli florets. Stir to coat evenly. Pour the broccoli out onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast the broccoli for 10 minutes, turning after five minutes.
- Remove from the oven to cool slightly. If you enjoy a wilted salad you may combine the broccoli and salad greens while the broccoli is still hot.
- Otherwise allow the broccoli to cool just until warm.
- Add the roasted broccoli to a bed of salad greens or baby spinach. Grate some carrot over the salad if using. Sprinkle a handful of raw cashews over the top of the salad.
- Drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
This recipe will feed 1 or 2. Can be doubled.