Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe
Roasted Acorn Squash is a delicious way to eat fresh acorn squash. Brush sliced acorn squash with olive oil, herbs, and spices before roasting in a hot oven. Shredded Parmesan cheese adds a salty savory flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. degrees.
- Wash the outside of the acorn squash under cold running water.
- With a sharp knife carefully cut the acorn squash in half vertically.
- Using a metal tablespoon scrape the fibers and seeds from the cavity of the acorn squash.
- Use the sharp knife to slice each half of the acorn squash into 1 inch thick slices.
- Arrange the acorn squash slices on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the olive oil, chopped garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Using a basting brush, brush the olive oil and spices over both sides of the sliced acorn squash.
- Sprinkle the top of each acorn squash slice with the shredded cheese.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until the squash is fork tender and the cheese has melted.
- Makes about 4 servings.
- Calories: 137
- Carbohydrates: 17.3g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 2.3g
Keywords: Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe, Squash Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Acorn Squash Recipes