Red Velvet Dump Cake Recipe
Turn a classic dump cake recipe into this decadent Red Velvet Dump Cake recipe. The red velvet cake is moist with a slightly crunchy topping from the melted butter while the cake portion is an explosion of flavors as the cake mixes with the cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple.
Top a serving with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
- 21 oz can of cherry pie filling
- A box of Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 stick of butter or half a cup, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. degrees
- Open the can of cherry pie filling and the can of crushed pineapple. Do not drain the juice from the crushed pineapple. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a spouted glass measuring cup.
- Dump the cherry pie filling into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Dump the undrained can of crushed pineapple into the baking dish.
- With a large spoon mix together the cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple until completely combined.
- Open the box of Red Velvet cake mix. Cut the top off of the bag.
- Dump the cake mix into the 9 x 13-inch pan on top of the cherries and pineapple.
- Using the back of a large wooden spoon very carefully spread the dry cake mix over the cherry and pineapple in the baking dish.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the dry cake mix.
- Place the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove the hot baking pan from the oven and allow the dump cake to cool before serving.
- Serve the warm Red Velvet Dump Cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Makes 12 servings.
- Calories: 478
- Carbohydrates: 79.1g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 3.2g
Keywords: Red Velvet Dump Cake recipe, Dump Cake Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Old Fashioned Dessert Recipe