Betty Crock Thumbprint Cookies recipe for Christmas
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Red or green sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until dough forms.
- Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls; place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make an indentation in center of each cookie. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon jam into each indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.In a small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips on High 1 to 2 minutes or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
- Spoon melted chips into small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Squeeze bag gently to drizzle melted chips over cookies. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Decrease butter to 1/3 cup. Increase flour to 1/4 cup.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 70