This easy Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies Recipe is made with a package of sugar cookie mix. A semi homemade Christmas cookie recipe that tastes just like homemade.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz package) sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- zest of one orange
- about 1/3 cup of seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup premium white chocolate chips
- large baking or cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- 1/4 teaspoon round measuring spoon for the jam
- Preheat oven to 375' F. and prepare your cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the cookie mix, softened butter, egg, orange zest and flour until a dough forms.
- Using a small dough scoop or a teaspoon to scoop the dough form balls that are about 1 1/2 inches round.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart until the tray is full. Using the round 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon press an indention in the center of each cookie. Once all of the cookies on the tray have an indention scoop 1/4 teaspoon of the raspberry jam and fill the indention of each cookie.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and chill for 10 to 15 minutes before baking to help prevent the cookies from spreading too much during baking.
- Once the cookie dough has chilled place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Once the cookies are completely cool melt a 1/2 cup of premium white chocolate chips in a small plastic baggie or a decorator bag. Snip a tiny hole in one corner of the bag and drizzle each cookie with the melted white chocolate.
- Allow the melted chocolate to harden completely before storing in an air tight container or packaging in cellophane bags to gift for the Christmas holiday.
- Serving Size: 2 Cookies
- Calories: 318
Keywords: Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies made with a sugar cookie mix, Raspberry Thumbprint Cookie recipe, Thumbprint cookie recipe with packaged cookie dough, jam cookies, raspberry cookies