Quick Pickled Green Tomatoes recipe
Use a few green tomatoes to make this quick pickled green tomatoes recipe. Pick them from your garden or buy the green unripened tomatoes at the farmers market.
You will need 3 large green tomatoes to make 3 jars of pickled tomatoes.
Quick Pickled Green Tomatoes Brine Ingredients
- 3 cups 5% white Vinegar
- 1 cup 5 % apple cider vinegar
- 2 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon pickling salt
Mediterranean Style Pickling Spice Ingredients
Use white wine, apple cider, red wine or balsamic vinegar or a combination for the brine.
For each jar you will need:
- Wash and sterilize the jars. Keep them warm in the pot of hot water.
- Rinse the tomatoes under cold water. Slice the tomatoes into wedges. For each tomato, I cut about 8 wedges depending on how large the tomato was.
- Set the sliced tomatoes aside.
- Measure the brine ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Keep the brine hot while packing the canning jars with the tomatoes and spices.
- Remove one jar from the hot water at a time and place the pickling spices into the jar.
- Pack the tomato wedges tightly into the jar.
- Pour the hot brine over the tomatoes wedges and spices in the jar leaving a 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe the jar rim with a paper towel and place a flat lid on the jar. Screw a canning jar band onto the filled jar.
- Repeat filling all of the jars. Allow the jars to cool to room temperature.
- Place the cooled jars into the refrigerator.
- Allow to pickle at a minimum of 24 hours before eating, best after 5 to 7 days.
- Makes three 16 oz Pint Jars
Recipe inspirations from the New Ball Book Of Canning And Preserving: Over 350 of the Best Canned, Jammed, Pickled, and Preserved Recipes.
- Serving Size: 3 Tomato Wedges
- Calories: 182
Keywords: Mediterranean Quick Pickled Green Tomatoes Recipe, Pickled Green Tomatoes, Green Tomato Recipe, How To Make Quick Pickles