Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Maple Pumpkin Spice Buttercream frosting filling are so good you won’t be able to east just one. The pumpkin whoopie pies are moist and the maple buttercream frosting filling is sweet and delicious.
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used homemade vanilla extract)
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree or two cups homemade Instant Pot pumpkin puree
Maple Pumpkin Spice Buttercream Filling Ingredients
- 1 stick butter, room temp
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon real Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Directions to make Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until the pumpkin pie spice is evenly incorporated with the rest of
- the dry ingredients. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment mix the granulated sugar and brown sugar on low until combined.
- Add the vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to the mixer bowl and beat on medium for one minute.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl of the mixer adding 1/3 and beating on low until combined. Repeat twice. Once all of the dry ingredients have been adding to the bowl beat on medium for two minutes. The batter will be thick.
- Line one or two large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a spoon or a cake decorating bag fitted with a large round piping tip to drop or pipe a 3-inch circle of batter on the parchment paper lined baking sheet leaving about 2 inches between each whoopie pie cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before using a spatula to lift the whoopie pie cake from the parchment paper and place on a cooling rack.
- Allow whoopie pie cakes to cool completely before filling.
- Makes about 48 -52 three inch round whoopie pie cakes
Directions To Make Maple Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Butter Cream Frosting
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl beat the stick of butter until smooth and lump free.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the mixing bowl and beat on medium until mixed into the butter. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula and beat on medium high for two minutes.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar, the tablespoon of Maple Syrup, the teaspoon of vanilla extract and the teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl and add one cup of powdered sugar to the bowl and beat on medium-high for one minute.
- Lastly, add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar to the bowl and beat on medium-high for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Refrigerate the filling until ready to use.
- Makes about 4 cups of filling or frosting.
- Category: Pumpkin Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Whoopie Pie
- Calories: 279
Keywords: pumpkin recipes, pumpkin whoopie pies, pumpkin desserts, maple buttercream, pumpkin buttercream