Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Buttercream Frosting
Celebrate Halloween with moist and delicious homemade Pumpkin Cupcakes made with homemade Pumpkin Spice Buttercream Frosting.
- Pumpkin Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup warm water
Pumpkin Spice Butter Cream Frosting Ingredients
Pumpkin Cupcake Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. degrees and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a hand held mixer or a stand mixer cream the butter and granulated sugar on medium for 3 minutes.
- Next beat the egg and vanilla extract into the creamed granulated sugar and butter until completely incorporated.
- Scrap the bowl and add the pumpkin puree and beat 2 minutes.
- Combine the buttermilk and warm water.
- Alternately add half the liquid and half the flour mixture to the bowl while beating on low.
- Once all the ingredients have been added to the bowl beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Evenly divide the batter between 20-24 cupcake wells filled about 3/4th full.
- Bake for 18 minutes turning the pan half way through the baking time.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Makes 20-24 cupcakes.
Pumpkin Spice Butter Cream Frosting Directions
- In a bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer beat the butter until creamy.
- Add one cup of the powdered sugar and the vanilla to the bowl and beat on low until combined well.
- Add the remaining 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar and the pumpkin pie spice to the bowl and beat until combined.
- Frosting will be very stiff at this point.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the bowl and beat until the pumpkin is mixed well into the frosting.
- Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Adjust the frosting consistency by adding the extra 1/4 cup of powdered sugar if desired.
- Frost the cooled Pumpkin Cupcakes with the frosting using a pastry bag and tip if desired.
- Decorate the Pumpkin Cupcakes with sprinkles and a pumpkin shaped piece of candy if desired.
- Refrigerate cupcakes in a single layer in an air tight container until serving.
- Make 20-24 cupcakes.
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 176
Keywords: Pumpkin Cupcakes, Halloween Cupcakes, Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting, Halloween Party Food