Vegetable Medley with a Homemade Cream Sauce is a perfect holiday side dish recipe.
- 2 – 1 lb bags of frozen mixed broccoli florets, cauliflower and carrots
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a bowl cook vegetables per directions in the microwave.
- Drain in a colander while making cream sauce.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add salt, pepper and flour.
- Make a rue by whisking until a thick paste forms, about 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk in while whisking to prevent lumps.
- Cook until thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a serving dish.
- Pour cream sauce over vegetables and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
To reheat leftovers or if sauce thickens it can be thinned with a splash of warm milk. Recipe can be cut in half for a smaller amount to serve 3-4.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup