Easy Crock Pot Apple Cranberry Compote is the perfect Thanksgiving Day side dish recipe. Made on the stove top or in a slow cooker.
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large orange
- Zest and juice from orange.
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water or orange juice
For Stovetop cooking in a saucepan
- Zest and juice orange. Add to a medium saucepan.
- Peel, core and dice the apple. Add to a saucepan and toss with orange juice.
- Place cranberry sauce and cinnamon in saucepan.
- Heat on low in the saucepan until cranberry sauce has liquefied.
- Turn heat up to medium in saucepan and cook until apples are tender.
- Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 teaspoons cornstarch to 1/2 cup water or juice and mix well.
- Add to cranberries and apples once they come to a boil.
- Stir until thickened. Immediately remove from heat.
For Crock-Pot cooking
- Once all the ingredients have been added to the crock-pot cook on high for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Once the apple pieces are tender mix 2 tsps of cornstarch with 1/2 cup water or orange juice.
- Stir into cranberries and apples until thickened. Turn crock-pot to warm.
- Serve with dinner.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 105