Pork Apple Wilted Spinach Quinoa Bowls
This one-skillet Pork Apple Wilted Spinach Quinoa Bowls recipe is done in less than 30 minutes, is so easy to make for dinner with Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork loin. This fresh pork recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight meal when you don’t have much time in the kitchen.
- small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Loin, sliced into medallions
- 12 asparagus spears, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large apple, diced
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves, roughly torn
- 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme, minced
- 1 3/4 – 2 cups cooked quinoa or rice
- Spicy Honey Mustard Dressing (optional)
- Saute onion, salt and pepper in large skillet until translucent and move to the side.
- Add the pork medallions to the pan and saute 3-5 minutes on one side and turn and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and garlic to the pan and toss with the rest of the ingredients. Saute for one to two minutes.
- Add the diced apples, spinach and thyme to the skillet and toss.
- Continue sauteing until the spinach has wilted then add the cooked quinoa to the pan.
- Saute for 3 minutes or until the quinoa has heated.
- Serve in a bowl with spicy honey mustard dressing if desired.
- Makes four servings.
Spicy Honey Mustard Dressing
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until combined.
- Drizzle over each serving of Pork Apple Wilted Spinach Quinoa Bowls if desired.
Keywords: Pork Skillet recipe, 30 Minute Pork Recipe, Skillet Meal, Pork Loin recipe