- Ingredients for Pomegranate Cherry Mojito
- 8 large or 12 small mint leaves
- 1/4 lime cut into wedges
- 1 oz PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1 oz white rum
- 2 oz cherry simple syrup
- Cherry Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 2 cups fresh pitted and stemmed cherries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- chilled club soda
- Directions to make Cherry Simple Syrup
- Place the cherries, lemon juice and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Stir well until the cherries start to release their juice and the sugar starts to dissolve, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the cherries and sugar on low for about 15 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir occasionally.
- Turn the heat up to medium and bring to a low boil.
- Boil about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from burner and allow to cool.
- Store cherry syrup in a mason jar in the refrigerator. Will keep for 2-3 weeks.
- Directions to make PAMA Pomegranate Cherry Mojito
- Place the lime wedges and mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass.
- With a muddler muddle the lime and mint until the lime releases it's juice and the mint leaves are crushed.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur, rum and cherry simple syrup.
- Top glass off with chilled club soda.
- If you love the layered drink look serve as is with a straw.
- Or mix well before serving.
- Either way this Pomegranate Cherry Mojito is a wonderful sweet tart mojito that is perfect to cool off on a hot summer afternoon out by the pool.