Pink Salad Recipe
This old fashioned Pink Salad recipe is served as a side dish or dessert recipe. Unlike the Pink Fluff recipe, this Pink Salad recipe is made with gelatine, maraschino cherries, cream cheese, and cool whip topping. It can be served fluffy or frozen for a brightly colored holiday recipe.
- one envelope Knox gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces, room temp
- 16 oz jar maraschino cherries and juice (do not discard the juice), (put a couple aside if you would like to use them as a garnish.)
- 8 oz container Cool Whip topping (another 8 oz container for topping if using)
- Mix cold water with gelatin and whisk until lump free. Set aside.
- Pour the crushed pineapple and juice into at least a 4-quart pot.
- Add the sugar and stir to combine. Bring pineapple and sugar to a boil.
- Once boiling pour the dissolved gelatin into the pot a stir into the pineapple until lump free.
- Remove the pot from the stove and using a hand mixer carefully beat the cream cheese into the pineapple until lump free.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate an hour or until cooled and thickened.
- Drain the cherries into a bowl reserving the juice. Roughly chop the cherries.
- Remove the cooled pot from the refrigerator.
- Stir the chopped cherries and the reserved cherry juice into the cooled ingredients in the pot.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the mixture. Transfer the ingredients to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Overnight is best.
- Optional: Spread an 8 oz container of Cool Whip over the top and garnish with whole cherries.
- Makes 12 servings.
- If serving the Pink Salad frozen remove it from the freezer about 20 minutes before serving so it can soften enough to easily serve.
- Category: Dessert Recipe
- Method: Whipped
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 24.2
- Carbohydrates: 25.1
Keywords: Pink Salad recipe, Old Fashioned Dessert Salads, Frozen Pink Salad, Holiday Dessert recipes