How to Make Refrigerator Garlic Kosher Dill Pickles
If you want a quick homemade pickle recipe this Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickles recipe is it. You can be enjoying the crisp and garlicky flavor of homemade pickles in just a few hours.
To Make the Pickling Brine for about 4 pints jars
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbs pickling salt
- kirby or other pickling cucumbers
Into each jar of pickle spears or rounds add
- 1–2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 sprigs of fresh dill per jar
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes (adjust for personal taste)
- Sterilize jars + lids
- Put 1-2 garlic cloves into the bottom of each jar. Add 4 dill sprigs to each jar.
- Add peppercorns and hot pepper flakes.
- Wash and trim the ends of your cucumbers. Cut into thin rounds or spears and pack into the jars tightly.
To make the brine boil the water, vinegar and pickling salt.
- Pour the boiling brine into the jars over the cucumbers and put the lids on the jars.
- Let cool on the counter and then refrigerate.
- Cure for one week before eating.
- Please follow proper safety measures for food storage when canning or pickling!
You may need to double or triple the amounts for the brine depending on how many jars of pickles you are making.
I tasted mine after 4 days and they were awesome.
Please follow proper safety measures for canning or pickling!
- Serving Size: 1 pickle spear
- Calories: 50
Keywords: kosher dill pickle recipe, garlic pickle recipe, garlic dill refrigerator pickles, how to make kosher dill pickles