Homemade Pecan Pie Recipe
Homemade Pecan Pie recipe is a classic holiday dessert recipe traditionally served for Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 1 cup whole pecan halves
- 1 regular unbaked pie crust (not deep dish)
- If using fresh un-shelled pecans crack and clean the pecans before starting the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Arrange the pecan halves in the bottom of the unbaked pie shell in a pleasing pattern. Place the pie pan on a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs well.
- Add the sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Slowly pour the filling over the pecans in the pie crust.
- If any of the pecan shift around rearrange them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- Makes 8 servings.
Prep time does not include the time it takes to crack and clean fresh pecans.
- Category: Pies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrates: 48.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.7g
Keywords: Homemade Pecan Pie Recipe, Pecan Pie Recipe, Whole Pecans, Holiday Dessert Pie recipe