Peaches are one of my favorite fruits to preserve during the summer peach season. Homemade Peach Preserves are one of the best homemade jam recipes you can make.
- 2 teaspoons Ball Fruit Fresh mixed with 3 tablespoons water or lemon juice
- 4 cups peeled, pitted and sliced peaches
- 6 tablespoons Ball Classic Pectin
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- 7 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, optional
- Prepare your jars and lids before beginning by washing them in hot soapy water and rinsing well.
- Mix the Ball Fruit Fresh in a large bowl. Wash, peel, pit and slice the peaches and place them into the bowl, occasionally mixing to keep then from browning.
- Place the sliced peaches, Ball Classic Pectin and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into a 6 quart or large pot.
- Mix well and continue to stir until boiling.
- Add the sugar to the pot and stir until it has dissolved. Add the butter if using to prevent foam.
- Continue to cook while stirring until it has reached a full rolling boil that can not be stirred down. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the pot from the heat and skim any foam from the top and discard.
- Fill hot half pint jars, leaving a 1/4 inch head space. Remove air bubbles, wipe jar rim with a damp paper towel. Place flat lid on the jar and screw band on just finger tight. Set aside and continue to fill all the jars.
- Process jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes, adjusting for your altitude.
- Turn off heat and remove lid. Let jars cool 5 minutes before removing from the hot water bath canner.
- Cool 12 hours. Check seals. Label jars and store.
Recipe source: Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving
- Category: Canning Recipes
- Method: Hot Water Bath Canning
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 41