- 2 2/3 cups crushed peaches, about 2 lbs
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped poblano peppers, about 1/2 a large pepper
- 3 tablespoon Ball Real Fruit Classic Pectin
- 3 tsp bottled lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon margarine to cut back on foaming
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare the peaches by washing them, peeling them, pitting them and coarsely chopping them.
- Crush the peaches using a potato masher.
- Measure 2 2/3 cups of the crushed peaches into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice.
- Chop poblano pepper and add to bowl of peaches.
- Measure sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the pectin to the bottom of the Jam Maker with the Stirrer in place.
- Add the crushed peaches, lemon juice and poblano peppers evenly on top of the pectin.
- Add the margarine to the Jam Maker.
- Press the jam button on the Jam & Jelly Maker and press enter.
- Allow the machine to run for 4 minutes until you hear 4 short beeps
- Immediately add the sugar slowly to the Jam Maker.
- Place the lid on the jam maker.
- Allow the Jam Maker to run for the remaining 18 minutes on the timer undisturbed.
- Do not lift the lid during cooking time.
- When the Jam Maker beeps again the jam is done.
- Carefully remove the lid by first lifting the back end that is farthest away from you to allow the release of the built up heat and steam. Warning the glass lid will be hot. Place it on a towel out of the way.
- Fill your jars leaving the vanilla bean(s) in the jam to be randomly added to the lucky jars they happen to end up in. Process the jam in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- Category: Jam