Homemade Peach Pie Filling made with Clear Jel turned out perfect every time.
- 4 cups fresh sliced peaches, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup ClearJel Cook Type thickener (affiliate link)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- Ball Canning Fruit Fresh Produce Protector (affiliate link)
- Prepare jars following safe canning practices.
- While peeling, slicing and pitting the peaches add the recommended amount of Ball Canning Citric Acid to the bowl of sliced peaches to prevent browning.
- Whisk the Clear Jel and sugar together in a large pot.
- Add the water and lemon juice to the pot.
- Bring this mixture to a quick boil and cook one minute.
- Remove pot from the heat and stir well.
- Mixture will be very thick.
- Fold peaches into the mixture and return to the stove. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Immediately fill hot jars with the hot peach pie filling, leaving 1 inch of headspace
- Remove any air bubbles and place the flat jar lid and band on jar.
- Process in a hot water bath for 30 minutes.
- Category: Canning Recipes
- Method: Hot Water Bath Canning
- Cuisine: American