Take advantage of the sweet plump fresh peaches of summer. This Summer Sweet Peach Jam recipe is an easy jam recipe to make made with summer fresh peaches.
- 4 cups finely chopped peaches
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 7 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 pouch Certo Liquid Pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon butter (optional, to prevent foaming)
- Fruit Fresh or Lemon juice to prevent browning
- Prepare jars and lids following safe canning practices.
- Peel, pit and chop peaches into a large bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Fruit Fresh or 1/4 cup of lemon juice to the bowl of chopped peaches to prevent browning.
- Measure the sugar into a large non-reactive canning pot.
- Add the peaches and 1/4 cup lemon juice, and butter if using to the pot of sugar.
- Stir well to moisten all of the sugar.
- Turn the heat on low, stirring occasionally until the sugar starts to dissolve.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the Certo Liquid Pectin to the pot and continue stirring until it comes to a full rolling boil again.
- Boil for 1 minute exactly, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pot from the heat and fill jars leaving a 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe jar rim and threads. Place a flat lid on and screw on a band just until finger tight.
- Repeat with remaining jars.
- Process jam in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars from water bath canner and set on a towel on the counter.
- The next day check for a proper seal and store.
- Jam will keep for one year.
Recipe source: Certo Liquid Pectin
Calories are for each 1/2 pint jar.
- Calories: 892