Enjoy the fresh taste of summer’s peaches with a fresh brewed glass of this Peach Iced Tea recipe.at your next bbq or family get together.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 very ripe peaches, sliced thinly
- Black Tea bags
- 6 cups water
- Add the sugar, water and peach slices to a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Heat on low until the sugar dissolves.
- Mash the peach slices with a spoon or potato masher.
- Increase heat and slowly bring to a boil.
- Boil two minutes and remove sauce pan from heat.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove solids by straining through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
- Bottle and refrigerate for up to a week.
- To Make a glass of Peach Iced Tea
- Fill a saucepan with 6 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place ten regular size black or green tea bags into the boiling water.
- After 1 minute remove the pot from the heat.
- Allow to steep and cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Fill a half-gallon pitcher with ice cubes.
- Pour the brewed tea over the ice.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of peach syrup into the glass.
- Fill with freshly brewed tea and enjoy.
- Garnish with lemon or lime slices and a sprig of mint.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American