Sweet and spicy Peach and Jalapeno Jam is delicious served with cream cheese and crackers. Makes a great party appetizer.
- 3 ½ lbs peaches
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers
- 7 ½ cups sugar
- 1 pouch liquid pectin
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Add the sliced peaches, chopped peppers, lemon juice and 7 1/2 cups of sugar to a large pot.
- Turn the stove on a medium low heat.
- Stir the fruit and sugar.
- Stay close to the pot and keep stirring from the bottom of the pot.
- As the sugar starts to melt stir it into the fruit to keep the sugar from scorching on the bottom of the pot.
- Once the sugar has melted turn the heat up to medium.
- Continue stirring periodically.
- As the mixture starts to boil throw a tablespoon of butter or margarine in the pot to cut down on foam.
- Bring to a roiling boil.
- Cook until the peaches become soft, about 20 minutes.
- Once the peaches are soft add the pouch of liquid pectin to the pot, stirring.
- Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil.
- Start your timer for 1 minute and if the jam foams up and looks like it might over flow carefully stir it down.
- Keep the jam boiling for one full minute.
- Once your timer goes off remove the pot from the hot burner.
- Skim any foam from the top and fill your jars leaving a 1/4 inch head space.
- Once you have filled all your jars you will need to process this jam in a hot water bath.
- Please follow the direction on the box of liquid pectin for the processing time for your part of the country.
- Makes 4 pints.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 32