OREO Snowball Cookies recipe
No bake pretty red and green Christmas OREO Snowball Cookies are perfect Christmas cookie exchange recipe.
- 1 package Holiday Peppermint OREO Cookies
- 3 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 bags Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Crisco Shortening
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In three separate bowls place one cup of coconut flakes.
- Color one bowl with 1 to 2 drops red food coloring.
- Color the next bowl with 1 to 2 drops green food coloring.
- Leave the third bowl uncolored.
- Set the coconut flakes aside, occasionally stirring the two colored bowls so the food coloring dries.
- Put the Wilton candy melts and Crisco shortening in a small but deep microwave safe bowl.
- Slowly melt the Wilton Candy Melts in the microwave. See my How to Melt Wilton Candy Melts instructions here.
- Once the Candy Melts are melted dip one cookie at a time in the melted candy coating using a fork or a candy dipping tool. Tap the fork or tool on the side of the bowl so the excess candy coating drips off the cookie back into the container.
- Sprinkle the uncolored white coconut flakes over the top and sides of the cookie.
- Carefully slide the cookie off the fork or dipping tool onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat with 1/3 of the cookies.
- Dip the next third of the OREO cookies in the melted candy melts and cover with the green coconut flakes.
- Reheat candy coating if it starts to thicken.
- Repeat again with the last third of the cookies and the red coconut flakes.
- Allow the candy coating to harden before transferring the cookies to an airtight container until serving.
- Category: Christmas Cookies
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 158
Keywords: OREO Christmas Cookies, OREO Snowball Cookies, No-bake OREO Christmas cookies