This Onion Cheddar Muffin Recipe is a Vintage Family Recipe from my mother in-laws old recipe box collection of old family recipes.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Chop onions and drain over a bowl in a fine mess strainer.
- Grate cheese and mix 1 cup into the dry ingredients.
- Add 3/4 cup of drained onions to the bowl and mix well being sure the cheese and onions do not clump up but are evenly distributed.
- Mix milk, egg, butter together in a small bowl. Pour into dry ingredients and mix gently until all the flour is moistened.
- Fill each well of a muffin pan evenly. Sprinkle about a 1/4 teaspoon of reserved chopped onions over the top of each muffin. Sprinkle remaing cheddar cheese over each muffin top.
- Bake 400 for 20-22 minutes.
An updated and adapted old family recipe
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American