Old Fashioned Watergate Salad Recipe
Old Fashioned Vintage Watergate Salad dessert recipe like grandma used to make with Jello pistachio pudding mix and crushed pineapple.
- 3.5 oz box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 2 cups Cool Whip topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans but you can use walnuts if you prefer)
- In a large mixing bowl mix the pistachio pudding mix with the crushed pineapple and juice. Mix well until all of the powdered pudding mix is dissolved.
- Fold in the Cool Whip until combined well.
- Next, add the mini marshmallows and chopped nuts to the bowl. Gently fold the marshmallows and nuts into the mixture.
- Place the Watergate Salad into a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours but overnight is best.
- Serve topped with maraschino cherries, mini marshmallows, and chopped nuts as a garnish if desired.
- Makes 8 1/2 cup servings.
- Category: Vintage Recipes
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 208
Keywords: Watergate salad Recipe, Old Fashioned recipes, vintage recipes, JELLO recipes, holiday recipes