- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Nutella + 1/4 cup for topping
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated completely before adding the next egg.
- Add vanilla and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Alternately add about 1/3 of the dry ingredients and a 1/3 of the buttermilk and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees
- Add the 1 cup of Nutella and mix until completely incorporated.
- Line muffin pans with papers and using an ice cream scoop fill each liner about 3/4 full.
- Using a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon scoop a bit of Nutella and place on top, in the center of the batter of each muffin. Use a tooth pick to lightly marble the Nutella and the muffin batter.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, adjusting the time for your particular oven. Muffins should spring back when done.
- Cool of a cooling rack.
- Makes about 26 muffins
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin