Easy No-Knead Cheesy Slider Buns that will soon become your favorite homemade bread recipe. Packed full of delicious cheese and onion flavor.
- 2 3/4 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- Put all the the ingredients except the water into the bowl your mixer.
- Turn the mixer on #1 and slowly pour in the warm water.
- Slowly increase the speed of your mixer until the high setting is reach. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Once the dough is all mixed together scrape it from the sides of the mixing bowl and place it in a well oiled bowl for the first rise.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm area to rise for about one hour or until doubled.
- To make the slider buns cut your dough in half. Then cut each half in half until you have used all the dough.Your dough pieces should be about the size of a golf ball. I made about 14 slider buns this time. You could probably get 16 to 18. For this batch I was making them a bit bigger then usual.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Form a ball with each piece of dough and arrange on the cookie sheet.
- Loosely cover with the plastic wrap you used on the bowl. Set in a warm spot and let rise until doubled in size, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Brush buns with melted butter and bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, brush with more melted butter.
- Cool five minutes and move to a cooling rack.
- Serve with your favorite slider filling.
- Makes 16 slider buns
I have always used my kitchen aide to make this recipe. The kitchen aid can handle beating the thick dough. I’m not sure if you could use a hand held mixer so proceed with caution if you attempt to do just that.
Start with the smaller amount of water if you live in a moist climate. Add more if needed if you live in a dryer climate.
What I do is warm up the larger measurement so I have the entire amount of warm water at the ready if I need it. At different times of the year you may need to adjust the amount of water used in this or any other bread recipe you might be making.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 128
- Carbohydrates: 17.7g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 3.7g