No-Knead Bread Recipe
This No-Knead Bread recipe baked in a dutch oven is this Garlic Rosemary Bread recipe converted into a no-knead bread recipe.
This easy homemade bread recipe can be baked in the oven at home or cooked over the fire on your next camping trip. Rosemary Garlic Bread makes an awesome gourmet campfire recipe friends and family will fall in love with and beg you for the recipe.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope of rapid rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Half cup of roasted garlic, divided
- Before mixing the dough prepare the roasted garlic by following my instructions.
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients and half of the roasted garlic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set on the counter overnight to rise.
- The dough can be placed in the refrigerator to rise for 12 – 18 hours before baking if needed.
To Bake No Knead Bread
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place your dutch oven with the lid on inside the preheated oven for at least 15 minutes while preparing the bread for baking.
- Sprinkle some flour on a piece of parchment paper that is just a few inches wider than the bowl you have the dough rising in.
- Coat your hands with olive oil and punch the dough down.
- Pick the dough up and pull outer edges of dough around to the bottom, pulling it tightly to form a ball.
- Place the dough onto the floured parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with more fresh rosemary if desired.
- Roughly chop the remaining roasted garlic and dot the top of the dough with it.
- Carefully remove the hot dutch oven from the oven placing it on a hot pad or towel. Using a pot holder remove the lid placing it onto a hot pad or towel.
- Pick the bread dough up by the corners of the parchment paper and place it into the hot dutch oven.
- Carefully pull the corners of the parchment paper down around the outside of the hot dutch oven and place the hot lid back on.
- Carefully pick up the hot dutch oven and return it into the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes and remove the lid and continue baking for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Carefully remove the dutch oven from the oven and remove the lid.
- Carefully lift the baked bread out of the dutch oven by the corners of the parchment paper with pot holders.
- Place the bread on a cooling rack.
- Cool, at least, one hour before cutting.
You have a couple of options when rising the dough
- You can mix the no-knead dough the night before baking and allow it to rise on the counter to bake first thing in the morning.
- You can allow the dough to rise slowly in the refrigerator for 12 to 18 hours before baking. This will give a sourdough flavor to the bread.
- In the case of campfire cooking you can allow the dough to rise on the counter or in the refrigerator. Punch the dough down and form into a ball. Place the dough ball in a container or plastic bag. Keep the bread dough chilled in a cooler before baking. The dough will need to be punched down and reshaped into a ball before placing in the dutch oven and cooked over the fire.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 0.21 g
- Sodium: 197 mg
- Carbohydrates: 31.84 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
Keywords: No-Knead Bread Recipe, No Knead Rosemary Garlic Bread, Campfire Recipes, Cast Iron Cooking, Gourmet Campfire Recipes