One of the easiest things you can make with fresh blueberries is a blueberry sauce or cheesecake topping like I have done here with this No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie.
A homemade blueberry sauce can be used to top pancakes or waffles, as an ice cream topping or as a cake filling or cheesecake topping.
Blueberry sauce turns this boring cheesecake into an amazing dessert recipe.
- 1 cup of the Florida blueberries
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- juice and zest from one of the lemons
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 pints Florida blueberries, rinsed well and divided
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- Place all of the blueberry sauce ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Heat on low until the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sugar has dissolved increase heat to medium and slowly bring to a boil.
- Once boiling stir constantly until the sauce has thickened to a pudding consistency.
- Remove from heat immediately to prevent scorching, place the sauce in a bowl and cool completely.
- May be refrigerated to speed up the cooling process.
- While the blueberry sauce is cooling mix the graham cracker crust ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the pie crust crumbs and set aside to use as a topping.
- Press the remaining graham cracker crust crumbs into the bottom of a 10 1/2 inch pie or tart pan. (A Spring-form pan would work well also)
- Place the pie plate in the refrigerator while you make the cheesecake pie filling.
- Place the softened cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until the cream cheese is silky smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest of the remaining lemon to the mixing bowl. Beat until combined.
- Next, add the sweetened condensed milk to the mixing bowl and beat for one minute. Scrape the bowl and continue to beat for about 3 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Remove 2 cups of the cheesecake filling from the mixing bowl and transfer to a smaller bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the cooled blueberry sauce to the first mixing bowl and fold into the cheesecake filling in that bowl.
- Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and spread the blueberry cheesecake filling portion over the bottom of the pie crust. Set aside.
- Fold 3/4 cup of the remaining whole Florida blueberries into the remaining cheesecake filling. Once mixed well spread over the top of the blueberry flavored cheesecake filling in the pie pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved graham cracker crust crumbs over the top of the cheesecake pie.
- Loosely cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight before cutting.
- Save any remaining fresh blueberries for garnish.
- Cover the bowl of the remaining blueberry pie sauce and refrigerate to use as a topping when serving the Layered No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh blueberries (optional)
- Makes about 10 to 16 servings.
- Category: No-Bake Dessert Recipe
- Method: Refrigerated
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 605