Florida Pink Shrimp New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp recipe.
Buying the best shrimp you can afford for this New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp recipe.
If you want to enjoy the best and sweetest tasting shrimp you’ve ever eaten make sure you buy Florida Pink Shrimp.
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 5–6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 1 medium lemon)
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning (I used Zatarains)
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds deheaded fresh large Florida Pink Gulf Shrimp.
- 2 whole lemons cut into wedges
- French Bread
- fresh parsley, minced
- Melt 3/4 of the stick of butter in a large skillet. Add the minced garlic and saute 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, wine, lemon juice, Creole seasoning and pepper to the pan and bring to a simmer. Saute until thickened and reduced by half.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook while stirring for 5-6 minutes for large shrimp. If using medium shrimp cook for 4-5 minutes. Do not over cook or the shell will stick to the shrimp making them difficult to peel.
- Immediately remove the cooked shrimp from the pan to a serving platter pouring all the creole barbecue sauce over the shrimp.
- Garnish the platter with chopped fresh parsley and lemon wedges
- Serve with Parsley Potatoes, corn wedges and French bread.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Serving Size: 20 Shrimp
- Calories: 605
Keywords: Barbecue Shrimp Recipe, New Orleans BBQ Shrimp Recipe, Florida Gulf Shrimp recipes, Fresh From Florida