The Million Dollar Pound Cake recipe is rich and buttery. Serve a slice of this homemade pound cake with fresh summer berries like strawberries and blueberries. Then top each serving of pound cake with whipped cream. Optionally make a blueberry sauce and pour it over each serving.
- 1 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- fresh fruit, lemon curd, fruit syrup, whipped cream (optional)
- Prepare a bundt pan or tube pan by greasing it well with butter or vegetable shortening and dusting it well with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. degrees.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter until light and creamy.
- Add the sugar to the mixing bowl 1 cup at a time and beat in well. After each addition of sugar scrape the bowl. Once all the sugar is added beat for 3 minutes.
- Add the room temperature eggs to the mixing bowl one at a time, beating well after each egg is added.
- Once all the eggs are added beat for one minute on medium high.
- Begin adding the sifted flour one cup at a time. Adding a little of the milk after each cup of flour is added. Beat well after each addition of flour and milk.
- Once all the flour and milk are added to the bowl add the extracts and beat the batter for 3 minutes.
- Scoop the very thick batter into the prepared tube or bundt pan. With a plastic spatula smooth the surface of the batter.
- Place the filled bundt or tube pan on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes increase the oven temperature to 325 F. degrees and bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the baked Million Dollar Pound Cake from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once the cake is completely cool place a serving plate on top of the bundt or tube pan and flip the cake over onto the plate. If serving immediately slice the cake and serve. If not serving immediately wrap the cake well in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove the pound cake from the refrigerator an hour before serving so it can come to room temperature.
- Serve with fresh berries, whipped cream, and blueberry sauce if desired.
- Serves 16 plus depending on how thick you slice the pieces.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 495
- Carbohydrates: 62.2g
Keywords: Million Dollar Cake recipe, Pound Cake recipe, Old Fashioned Pound Cake recipe