Mexican Wedding Cookies
Sweet and delicate authentic Mexican Wedding Cookies recipe is a great Christmas Cookie Exchange recipe everyone will love. These cute little shortbread snowball cookies are filled with chopped pecans and rolled in powdered sugar.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided in half
- 1 teaspoon of pure Vanilla Extract (I used my homemade Vanilla Extract)
- 2 cups of all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Beat the butter and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar in a (affiliate links) kitchen-aid mixer or a bowl with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy- about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until vanilla is completely incorporated.
- Slowly begin to add the flour to the bowl 1 cup at a time. Mixing with your mixer until the dough becomes too much for your mixer to handle.
- Added the remaining flour and the finely chopped pecans and mix well with a wooden spoon. Continue mixing until the pecans are evenly distributed through out the dough.
- Shape the dough into one and half inch balls and place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper leaving 2 inches between the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Drop each cookie one at a time into a mixing bowl with the remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and roll the warm cookies in a bowl thickly coating all sides.
- Place sugar dipped cookies on a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store in single layers in an air tight container.
- Makes about 48 cookies
- Category: Christmas Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 2 Cookies
- Calories: 131
Keywords: Mexican Wedding Cookie recipe, Christmas Cookie recipe, Snowball cookies, cookie exchange recipe