Homemade Marinated Mozzarella slices served on fresh baguette slices is a perfect party appetizer recipe.
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 5 tablespoons best extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pieces sun dried tomato in olive oil, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, roughly minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients into a container and marinate at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with slices of a crusty baguette.
I've used fresh herbs but dry herbs could be substituted. Fresh is best when available. Just allow the marinated mozzarella more time to marinate. You may also need to slightly increase the amount of olive oil as the dry herbs with absorb some of it.
- Serving Size: 2 Slices
- Calories: 253