Your favorite Chili's restaurant flavors at home.
These Margarita Lime Chicken Rice Bowls will get dinner done in 25 minutes or less! Busy Mom's will love this easy dinner recipe while enjoying the flavors of Chili's restaurant from the comfort of home.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken cut into thin slices
- 8 oz. package Chili's Bold Skillet Sauce Margarita Lime
- 2 cups mixed green, yellow, and red pepper slices. (I use the green, red, yellow peppers and onion mix I vacuum sealed and froze with my FoodSaver)
- 3-4 cups cooked white rice
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained, rinsed and heated
- lime wedges
- Cook the rice following instructions on the package and set aside until chicken is done cooking.(Instant rice is done in about 5 minutes.)
- Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large skillet. Add the sliced chicken to the skillet.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on all sides until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour off any excess moisture that may have accumulated in the pan.
- Pour the Chili's Bold Skillet Margarita Lime Sauce and the mixed pepper and onion into the skillet with the cooked chicken.
- Heat on medium until sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Place about a cup of the cooked white rice in the bottom of a bowl.
- Add about 1 cup of the cooked Margarita Lime chicken to the center of the the rice in the bowl.
- Circle the chicken with warm black beans.
- Garnish with lime slices, avocado slices or cilantro if desired.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream or homemade Cilantro Green Chili Lime Sauce.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, homemade Cilantro Green Lime Sauce or your favorite Mexican food toppings.