Mango Peach Salsa is a perfect summer chip and dip appetizer served with tortilla chips. Or serve it with grilled chicken or fish. Favorite Mexican appetizer recipe.
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium red onion
- a small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe mango
- 1 firm but ripe peach, chopped roughly
- 2 teaspoons of granulated white sugar
- a pinch of salt
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- Prepare the fruit and vegetables first by rinsing and scrubbing under cold water.
- Finely chop the jalapeno, garlic, red onion, and cilantro in a small food processor.
- Cut the flesh of the mango from the pit, remove the peel, and dice.
- Cut the flash of the peach from the pit and dice.
- Chop the jalapeno, red onion, garlic cloves, and fresh cilantro finely in a small food processor, pour into a medium-size bowl mixing bowl.
- Cut the flesh of the mango away from the pit. Cut the flesh of the mango away from the skin and dice the fruit and add to the bowl.
- Cut the flesh of the peach away from the pit. Dice the cut pieces of peach and add to the bowl.
- Add the salt, sugar, and zest and juice of the lime.
- Mix well and store in the refrigerator 3 to 4 days.
- Prepare this salsa at least one day before you plan on serving it.
- Makes about 1 quart of fresh fruit salsa.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 62
Keywords: Mango Peach Salsa, Fruit Salsa, Mango recipes, Peach Recipes, Summer Appetizers