Authentic Key Lime Pie recipe
The official Key Lime Pie is made with simple ingredients. Key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and raw egg yolks are beaten together until thick and creamy. The pie is baked for a short time and then refrigerated to set up. Top with whipped cream and garnish with slices of Key limes before serving this sweet and tangy lime pie recipe.
- 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks (discard the egg whites or make meringue to top the pie)
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 8 oz Cool Whip Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Place the unbaked graham cracker crust on a cookie sheet or baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl beat the sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup key lime juice, and the three egg yolks.
- Beat for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened.
- Pour the Key Lime Pie filling into the graham cracker crust, scraping the bowl.
- Place the tray with the pie into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes place to baked key lime pie onto a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- After the key lime pie has cooled completely cover with plastic wrap or place the plastic lid that came with the pie crust on to the pie pan and secure it into place.
- Refrigerate the pie at least 4 hours, overnight is best.
- Before serving the pie spread the cool whip topping over the top of the pie. Garnish with slices of Key limes and Key lime zest if desired before serving.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 38g
- Carbohydrates: 47.3g
- Protein: 7.8g
Keywords: Key Lime Pie, Authentic Key West Key Lime Pie, Key West Recipes, Key Lime Juice, Florida Pie Recipes