Key Lime Grilled Chicken
Key Lime Grilled Chicken is an amazing tasting grilled chicken recipe for the summer.
Grilled Chicken Recipe
Grilled chicken is one of my favorite ways to enjoy chicken during the summer months.
I used boneless skinless chicken for this recipe but you could also use the Key lime marinade with boneless chicken thighs, to marinade chicken kabobs or grilled chicken wings.
Key Lime Grilled Chicken is tender grilled chicken breasts that have a bright citrusy flavor.
Key Lime Marinade
Tired of serving boring grilled chicken?
Key lime marinade adds a wonderful citrusy flavor that compliments the smokey flavors of grilled chicken.
Key lime Chicken Marinade is so easy to make and adds so much flavor to the chicken.
To make Key lime marinade you will need some authentic Key lime juice. If you are lucky enough to have a Key lime tree growing in your backyard you can squeeze fresh Key lime juice.
If you don't have access to fresh Key limes you can buy bottled Key lime juice at the grocery store.
Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours before grilling. You can also marinate it over night for a richer Key lime flavor.
Cook the marinated chicken over a hot grill until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. Allow the chicken to rest for about 10 minutes before serving for the best grilled chicken you have ever tasted.
Why use Key limes?
Key limes (Citrus × aurantiifolia) are very small marble like limes that are 1 to 2 inches in diameter.
Key lime juice is not the same as Persian lime (Citrus × latifolia) juice, the limes you normally find in the grocery stores.
Key limes are more aromatic, more acidic, have a much thinner skin and are considered to have a highly superior flavor compared to other limes.
Key lime juice makes a perfect chicken marinade.
Fresh Mango Peach Salsa
It is Mango season here in Florida and my fresh Mango and Peach Salsa is perfect served with Key Lime Grilled Chicken.
I also served Chili Lime Grilled Pineapple slices alongside my grilled chicken.
Don't forget dessert! Homemade Key Lime Pie is the best summer dessert recipe.
Join the Flour On My Face Newsletter
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
Print the Key Lime Grilled Chicken Recipe below.
Key Lime Grilled Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup Key lime juice
- ½ cup water
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast 3 lbs boneless chicken
Make the Key Lime Marinade
- Mix all of the ingredients marinade ingredients in a bowl.
Grill the Chicken
- Place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Pour the Key lime marinade over the chicken.
- Cover the tray with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- After marinating the chicken grill the chicken over a medium hot grill until the chicken is cooked through the center and reaches 165 F.
- Serve with Mango Peach Salsa and grilled pineapple (optional).
- Makes 4 servings.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces you are cooking.
- Always cook chicken completely before serving.
- Chicken is cooked completely when the thickest part has reached 165 F. degrees.