Homemade Key Lime Cheesecake recipe Inspired by the cookbook
Sunsational Encore from the Junior League of Greater Orlando
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Grease with butter and line the bottom and sides of a 10 inch springfoam pan with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper inside the springfoam pan.
- Cover the outside of the pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Rolling and tucking the foil along the outer top edge of the pan. Set aside.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer or a large bowl with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy. Scrap the bowl and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Beat in the creme fraiche or sour cream.
- Add the eggs and egg yolk one at a time, beating well and scraping the sides of the bowl after each egg.
- Add the whipping cream, flour, vanilla and lime juice and mix well. Scrap the bowl and beat for at least two minutes more.
- Spoon into prepared pan and level the top with the back of the spoon.
- Place the filled spring foam pan inside a larger pan.
- Fill outer pan with boiling water to come half way up the side of the spring foam pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and remove spring foam pan from the water bath.
- Remove and discard the aluminum foil.
- Cool cheesecake on a wire rack.
- Chill cheesecake overnight.
- Before serving remove sides of spring foam pan and place cheesecake on a serving platter.
Any citrus juice can be substituted for the key lime juice.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 26.1g
- Saturated Fat: 19.1g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3g
- Protein: 8.4g
Keywords: Key Lime Cheesecake recipe, Key Lime recipes, Key Lime Juice, Florida dessert recipes, cheesecake recipe