Kabocha Squash Casserole recipe with a sweet brown sugar and pecan crumb topping is a perfect side dish anytime of the year. The holidays are coming up and this creamy mashed Kabocha squash side dish will be the perfect served alongside your holiday turkey or ham.
- 4 cups cooked mashed Kabocha squash
- 1/2 packed cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl beat the mashed Kabocha squash, born sugar, whipping cream, melted butter and ground cinnamon. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until completely combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish. and smooth the top with the back of a spoon or spatula. I used a deep dish 9 inch pie plate.
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, flour, and ground cinnamon until combined.
- Add the softened butter. Work the softened butter into the dry ingredients with your hands by rubbing the butter into the dry ingredients. Do this until you only see a small amount of lumps from the butter. Add the chopped pecans to the bowl and toss until coated.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the squash casserole filling in a baking dish. Smooth the top. Bake in a preheat 375 F. oven for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and bring to room temperture before serving.
- Makes 8-12 1/2 cup servings.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 38.8g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: Kabocha Squash recipe, Mashed Kabocha Squash Casserole recipe, Kabocha Squash, What is Kabocha Squash Good For