This JELL-O Poke cake is a retro recipe that has been enjoyed by millions for many years.
- 1 box of white cake mix or your favorite homemade white cake recipe
- ingredients to make cake
- 2 – 3 oz boxes of Strawberry Jello
- 2 1/2 cups of water, divided
- 1 tub Vanilla Kraft Cool Whip Frosting
- Make the cake mix as directed.
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Using a wooden spoon poke holes all around the top of the cake.
Jello Portion of recipe
- After the cake has cooled boil 2 cups of water.
- Stir in the two boxes of jello.
- Stir until Jello has disolved.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cold water and stir.
- Pour the jello over the cooled cake.
- Chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Frost with Vanilla Cool Whip Frosting