Happy New Year! Here is the first menu plan of the new year.
The new year is a perfect time to start meal planning. Even if you can't do an entire week of meals you can start with just a few.
Baby steps is a good way to start a new habit and meal planning is a good habit to start. You can start out slowly by planning the meals for your busiest days of the week.
After you do this for a couple of weeks you will see how helpful using a menu plan can be.
How to start menu planning
- Pick out the recipes you think you will like and bookmark them for later.
- Use the recipes that you have ingredients on hand for or make substitutions with the ingredients you do have on hand.
- Print out the recipes and keep a copy with you when you go shopping so you can grab ingredients as they become available.
- Join the Flour On My Face Facebook page where I am sharing links for some of the easy homemade basic recipes that I have been sharing for over 10 years.
This weeks featured recipes
Creamy Chicken Stew is delicious. This chunky chicken stew is perfect this time of year. Bite size pieces of chicken with chunks of potato, carrots and peas floating in a rich and creamy gravy.
Mom's meatloaf is comfort food at its best. This homemade meatloaf is cooked in a tomato soup sauce that tastes amazing drizzled over mashed potatoes.
Pulled Pork Nachos pulls double duty as a meal or a snack as you veg out binge watching Netflix on the weekend. You have got to watch the Queens Gambit!!
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
January Menu Plan 1
- Monday - My Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Stew is a hearty stew you can make in the pressure in no time at all. Serve with these 15-Minute Drop Biscuits from Kleinworth & Co.
- Tuesday - Try this Mexican Vegetable Casserole with Black Beans from The Gardening Cook for a complete meatless meal.
- Wednesday - Serve my Crock Pot Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans for a comforting family dinner.
- Thursday - There won’t be any leftovers with my sweet and tangy Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken with rice and steamed broccoli.
- Friday - Serve my easy low carb Zucchini Shrimp Scampi Alfredo with a side salad for a yummy, healthy meal.
- Saturday - Cook this Crock Pot Cuban Pulled Pork overnight and then make these Pulled Pork Nachos for a crowd pleasing weekend dinner at-home.
- Sunday - Plant to Eat Out
Leave a comment if you have a question about this or any other recipes I have shared. Tried one of my recipes? Leave a star rating on the recipe. Leaving a rating really helps me out. Thanks! Come hang out with me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
January Menu Plan Printables
Download and print the January Menu Plan 1 Printables